Okay, so I have to do a bit of bragging. I bought a red dress at Jessica McClintock a few months ago. At the time I bought it, I wasn’t sure if I really liked it. I took it out for a test drive for my birthday dinner/dancing and it proved it’s worth. Being Christmas and wearing red (and a santa hat too) had both guys and girls hitting on me at the club. There we go, more girls hit on me than guys. It’s too bad I’m straight as a nail, those were some pretty girls.
But, if I ever need to turn heads again, I know what dress to put on. Who says you can’t have a little devilishness in you?
And for those who are reading about my online dating adventure (or lack thereof): I finally changed my hometown address to Stockholm. I thought I did that earlier but I eventually found out it was just the “partner search” location area. Five hours down, and I found the place to change my own location. Yes! Charming Svenska killar don’t be afraid to wink…we know you got it in you. ;)
Okay! I officially switched networks to Stockholm and put up a photo a few days ago. Sadly, that has not stopped weird Spanish speaking people from “winking” at me…Maybe I signed up for the Match.espana instead of sverige? haha. And, let’s not forget the 40-60 year old males winking. Ewwwww…
But! Some profile observations on those Swedish guys:
* They begin their profile description: “I’m a nice and happy fellow” Someone should tell them, we’re pretty sure they’re nice…but hopefully they are not serial killers. =P
* There’s the “athletic” photo: Skiing, snowboarding, diving, swimming, running – because we have to see their great bodies and watch them being sweaty. (No complaints though)
* There’s a “party” photo: Yes, they have to prove they can drink öl…lots of öl
* Most are at least 180cm tall. Yes!
* They love sports, music, and the museum. Wow…sounds like an oxymoron if you were in America
* They all claim they are athletic and somehow I believe them
* And let’s not forget the “dress shirt” photo- hot tailored shirt on a swede…sounds good to me
* They like smart, athletic, women [how profound =P ]
What I’m really curious about is whether the Swedish male will “wink” first or if I have to do it. Does the internet make the connection more anonymous and therefore easier to initiate contact? I sent a few “winks” and we’ll find out.
I thought I would update everyone on the online dating via match.se
Well, it’s not really going anywhere for a few reasons:
1) I have no photo posted – I will have to post one. Hopefully the world doesn’t find out my SN. :-P
2) All I get are matches that are in…Spanish!!! Yes, Spanish. All the very desperate men must be posting on every match.whatever and they all speak spanish. Sorry, I really don’t care and frankly it seems quite creepy.
3) I am still listed in a city network in California. I think I will have to change this to Stockholm, if I am to get any hits.
Oh, and the experiment doesn’t influence the people I am currently (or in the future) dating/seeing/mating with.
I’ll fix that and we will see what happens…
I was checking out my blog stats today and noticed the original Dating in Sweden post was the most popular. Now I am guessing that post does not enlighten those of us who are currently confused because I am confused too.
I propose that if there are any Swedes (male or female) willing to take a survey about dating/love/sex, I will post the results in one month. Of course if you volunteer, I will not disclose your name or email. Help us, lovely Swedish folks, to better understand your culture.
Email me at fleurdeparis at gmail dot com. (okay that other email I put up earlier…doesn’t exist…yes, I am stupid at times)
Several weeks ago I decided to sign up for Match.com in the US. To me it felt like the last ditch effort to not just find the “l’homme de la vie” but a regular man to go out with. Nothing materialized; a few people wrote to me but I was just not interested. And there it happened…my account died of natural causes.
Then last week I went out with a girlfriend and she suggested I join the match.com Sweden site. While I was hesitant at first, it appears all of Sweden is on some dating site or another. And then there I was at 4am, signing up, spending 3 hours to fill a profile, searching for people on match.se. And the men seemed…more normal (and obviously more beautiful), than the US men. I don’t know why.
Now I do not want to date the moment (my poor little heart needs a break)
but I am going to conduct a social experiment. I am going to find out how online dating works in Sweden and how these Swedish males flirt (or not) via email.
And btw, don’t go searching for me, I’m on match.se but you won’t find my photo. =)