Times are a Changing

28 Jul
2011

Things have radically changed in my life in the past week. Without going into details now, I learned what utter grief and sorrow really are.

I ask one thing of you fellow readers and friends, please call your Mom/Dad/husband/wife/sister/brother and tell them you love them more than anything. For one day, forget the bickering or annoyances or discussions on wall paint colors and just say ‘I love you.’ “I love you for everything you have done. I love you for everything you are. I love you.”

You never know when that day will end.

14 Responses to Times are a Changing

fikafikafika

July 28th, 2011 at 19:57

I agree. When my mum passed away… it was like any other day. But when I got home the next day, my world came crumbling. *hugs* whatever you are going through right now, I hope all will be well soon. Take care…

Survivinginsweden

July 28th, 2011 at 20:38

Hope you are ok. But good advice, you can never say it enough

Mahya

July 29th, 2011 at 04:18

I hope you’re ok.

kate | transatlantic sketches

July 29th, 2011 at 11:36

Whatever it is that’s going on, my thoughts are with you. Hope you’re ok and doing as well as you can be. Heartfelt wishes from the South – Kate

Shar

July 31st, 2011 at 02:28

I know what you mean, Never do you think the next day will be alone. Not to see that person ever again.
Sad but true. I hope you find peace as the time passes. Time and space has helped me in a difficult time.

Björn

July 31st, 2011 at 03:01

Dunno what happened in your life but it doest take a rocket scientist to glean enough information from what you wrote to understand that someone close to you passed away. All I can say is that speaking from experience is that I could’t agree more, I was at the hospital when my mother passed away and I was in complete denial untill she was gone and at that exact moment everything I should have said and everything I should have done hit me like a speeding truck full of bricks. I have never felt so full of regret in my whole life. It is really hard to explain the full feeling of how horrible it is, but I do remember how it felt like when people would tell me to say all those things before it happens, it always felt ridiculous. You never really think about how a parent might pass away. They have always been the foundation for your life and all of a sudden one or maybe even both of them are gone. It is just simply something a person can never understand untill it is too late.

So yeah. Say all those things and do everything you want to do for your close ones before it is too late.

Ravi

July 31st, 2011 at 18:39

“I Just Called To Say I Love You”

No New Year’s Day to celebrate
No chocolate covered candy hearts to give away
No first of spring
No song to sing
In fact here’s just another ordinary day

No April rain
No flowers bloom
No wedding Saturday within the month of June
But what it is, is something true
Made up of these three words that I must say to you

I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care
I just called to say I love you
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart

No summer’s high
No warm July
No harvest moon to light one tender August night
No autumn breeze
No falling leaves
Not even time for birds to fly to southern skies

No Libra sun
No Halloween
No giving thanks to all the Christmas joy you bring
But what it is, though old so new
To fill your heart like no three words could ever do

I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care, I do
I just called to say I love you
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart

dezia

August 1st, 2011 at 22:09

Hey girl,
I’ve been reading your beautiful posts for the past year, my heart is out there for you. Unfortunately not all things are under our control and we will all cross-over some day.But the good memories always remain.But whatever I say won’t be enough to release your pain, only time can do miracles like that.
Love&bear hugs from Romania.

August 2nd, 2011 at 11:03

Hey all, thank you for reading and commenting.

Björn and fikafikafika, thank you for sharing your stories. It means a lot to me.

That is a wonderful song Ravi. Advice to always follow.

Lola

August 2nd, 2011 at 17:25

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Praveen Saxena

August 4th, 2011 at 07:40

R,
Can understand your state of mind. Have gone thru similar mental state when first lost my mother and them lost father. Hope you will over come this loss with time. Time is greatest healer of all.

God bless you.

Praveen K S.

SomeGirl

August 18th, 2011 at 22:09

Yes, grieve changes a person. You are suddently part of this “club” and nobody outside it really understands what you’re feeling. And if the death is unexpected it only makes it all worse. All your friends suddently don’t know how to treat you, and you don’t know how to talk to them. You think your world is falling apart and there is no way it’ll ever fit back together, And you can do your best to explain, only others who have been through the same know.
All I can say is I promise it’ll get better, little by little. You won’t ever be the same, but you’ll heal.
Your (real) friends will be there for you, and some day you’ll notice how beautifull the world is again.
But rigfht now, all you can do is grief.
My condolensces.

August 20th, 2011 at 11:59

@Somegirl – Thank you dear. It really feels like this terrible club that some of us get to be a part of. You’re right, it is hard talking to friends right now. Do I talk about typical nonsense stuff or do I address the elephant in the room?? Who knows. Time will tell.

@Lola - Thank you sweetie.

Ravi

August 25th, 2011 at 20:32

@Somegirl- This is a terrible club. Even worst, if you know the reality.