Last week I wrote about payday and youth unemployment in Sweden. This week I’m offering a solution, get a job as a professional beacher. Yes, you heard right, be a professional beach bum traveling the world to test beaches, drink wine, and occasionally get a massage under the girly/brainless magazine Amelia.
Here’s the posting from Arbetsförmedlingen.
In English, the job post says:
Mission: For four weeks to test beaches on four continents on behalf of the magazine Amelia.
Go on excursions, rest on deck chairs, drink wine at local taverns, and perform other common tasks of the commercial beach-and tourist environment.
In some places it is maybe required to receive full body massage, drink test, snorkel and read books.
The current beaches include in Corsica (tested summer 2011), the area around Cape Town, South Africa (tested in autumn 2011) and Asia (tested winter 2011).
– You should be accustomed to move among many people.
– You must have the capacity to rest / do nothing for long periods.
– You should be able to swim.
– You will be responsible for yourself, others and your well being.
We also encourage that you:
– Can work late nights (cocktail test, circumstances may require overtime work).
– Have previous experience of independent work.
– Blog continuously for amelia.se during times when the beaches are tested.
– Write four separate stories about your experiences during these trips.
– Take photos.
Amelia is the leading magazine for women and has 355 000 readers. 90 percent of our readers spend on average 54 minutes to read each issue. Amelia also provides eleven “special interest magazines” throughout the year.
Other conditions: If you get this job you must be able to release four working weeks during the coming year with no other claim than the offered salary.
Tell a maximum of ten sentences why you are perfect for the job of Amelia’s beach testers. Include name, age, hometown, mailing address and phone number.
Email: Desirée Wahren, Editor in Chef Amelia, 08-7365200 at email@example.com
Don’t be lagom and sit on Stockholm’s beaches for the summer, get out and drink wine in Asia!