Famous Swedish Brands & Companies from A to Ö

10 Apr
2010

Always wonder what more comes from Sweden besides Dancing Queen and Absolute Mango? Well, here’s a list of brands, companies, musicians, and stores that all originate from little nordic country called Sweden. From A to Ö.

A – ABBA, Absolut Vodka, AstraZeneca; Acne Jeans
J – Jantelag
K – Koenigsegg, Kent
L – Läkerol, Lagom
M – Malaco, Midsummer, Movits, Marabou
N – Nordiska Kompaniet
O – Olle
P – Pirate Bay, Pripps Blå, Pacemaker, Permobil (thanks Natalie)
Q –
R – Roxette, Rebtel
S – Saab, Swedish Chef, Smörgåsbord, Snus, Scania, Spotify, SAS, Swedish Fish
T – Tetra Pak
U – Ullevi Stadium, Umeå
V – Volvo
W – Wallenstam
X –
Y – Yngve
Z – Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Zippers
Ä –
Å – Åhleans
Ö – Öland

Am still missing for Q, X, and Ä. Let me know if there are more companies to add for Sweden.  Hope you enjoyed fun facts from here.  And, there will be a post on Swedish food from A to Ö soon!

20 Responses to Famous Swedish Brands & Companies from A to Ö

Nathalie

April 10th, 2010 at 15:17

I love that you have “lagom” on the list :)
But you forgot two, the pacemaker, that is also a Swedish invention. And Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) :)

It’s a shame that there are so many Swedish companies that are sold to other countries, for example Volvo that was bought by China a few months ago. We are loosing our pride :/

Ivy

April 11th, 2010 at 03:28

Don’t forget the hip hop swing band Movits! Lulea ftw!

April 11th, 2010 at 11:59

@Nathalie – True, Absolut is no longer Swedish. Neither are Saab and Volvo. Nor AstraZeneca.

Didn’t know the pacemaker was created by Swedes.

@Ivy – Did you see Movits on The Colbert Report a few months ago? It was awesome!

Moonlight

April 11th, 2010 at 16:18

its very weird that Volvo was sold – they were just getting popular after “Twilight”:)))

Ivy

April 11th, 2010 at 17:06

@Sapphire- yes! Now I completely adore Swedish rap; I don’t know about you, but I personally believe the Swedish language was meant to be rapped, not spoken ;)

April 11th, 2010 at 17:25

Maybe the producers of Twilight should have bought more Volvos. :p

Speaking of movies, I always see Saabs in Hollywood films. Sideways is the one that comes to mind, but what’s with Swedish cars in the films?

Haha, I never thought about Swedish rap that way! There’s another Swedish hip hop group I like…will have to look it up on Spotify and let you know.

Catherine

April 11th, 2010 at 19:43

Shouldn’t it be THE Cardigans, the band? Or was a cardigan – the clothing invented in Sweden too?

What about Alfred Nobel

Astrid Lindgren

Do all girls oroginate from Sweden?

You forgot Marabou (the chocolate)

Who’s Olle? And why is Umeå on the list? It’s a city in Sweden so ofcourse it’s from Sweden.

You wrote that it’s a list of brands, companies and other famous things from Sweden, I don’t think Öland (or Umeå) belongs on it.

April 13th, 2010 at 13:45

Catherine, just being funny about some of the names on the list. Guess the joke got lost in translation. ;)

If you know of companies/brands/bands that start with O or U that would be appreciated.

Thought I had Marabou on the list, but will definitely add it.

Stefano

April 16th, 2010 at 17:41

lol @ Zlatan Ibrahimovic

I add to the list Wesc (We are the superlative conspiracy) and Cheap Monday

Moonlight

April 16th, 2010 at 18:57

What about Class Ohlsen? Not a bad chain, I always get my batteries and other electric stuff from there, I think its swedish, is it?

Natalie

April 19th, 2010 at 08:29

You forgot “Permobil” under P :)

Karl

May 2nd, 2010 at 01:21

Anders Celsius

Princess

May 20th, 2010 at 18:55

This is slighly random, but it about Ikea! I actually went into the food shop today and bought stuff. I got Swedish cheese (v yum), biscuits, cinnamon rolls, sweets, elderflower and lingonberry drinks. Plus Princess cake. Excellent shopping. Bra!

Anna Panna

July 3rd, 2010 at 21:54

Jantelagen is not Swedish:

Zlatan the man

September 19th, 2010 at 16:27

Zlatan the man the myth from Malmo. He is just so gooooood.

Swedish Cuisine & Food from A to Ö

June 27th, 2011 at 09:23

[…] few fun facts from A to Ö when it comes to Swedish food and cuisine. There’s also the famous Swedish brands and companies and Swedish […]

Aura

November 15th, 2011 at 13:20

Oriflame

ADI

August 28th, 2012 at 08:49

Hey,

You forgot…

A… Ace of Base
F… Fredrik Ljunberg
O… Ohlins Suspension (motorbikes and cars)

Thanks…

PS> Love your blogs! Hopefully I get an opportunity to come to Sweden… :)

H

October 30th, 2012 at 05:49

Boycott all Swedish brands in support of Julian Assange. Send a message to the Swedish government by refusing to buy Swedish until they make the assurance Assange will not be extradited to the USA,

Shanti